So, here's the first batch of sketches. In the book, Shiffman recommends that one create a basic shape to elaborate upon as one learns new material. He made a simple alien that he calls Zoog. I decided to make a stick-figure dancer. (In Getting Started with Processing by Casey Reas and Ben Fry, they use P5, the Processing Robot as the running example.) I have still images in the gallery above. The first two are inherently static, the second two are screenshots from a dynamic sketch. Videos of the sketches in action are below.
- Learning Processing, Ch. 00: Preface (0 exercises)
- Learning Processing, Ch. 01: Pixels (1 exercise)
- Learning Processing, Ch. 02: Processing (1 exercise)
- Learning Processing, Ch. 03: Interaction (2 exercises)
- Learning Processing, Ch. 04: Variables (1 exercise)
- "Visualizing Data" for Real Now (bartdoesart.com)